Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Vintage Guerlain ~ NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait ~ Rimmel BB Cream in Light ~ Milani Baked Blush in Red Vino ! !


I'll kick off this post with my lovely Guerlain Vintage collection, which as of today I've added a loose body powder!  So cool...

If I had to pick a favorite, I think it's the lipstick.  I'm torn between that and the compact.  The larger boxed powder is a loose powder, which has kind a COMPLETELY retro scent to it.  It's a body powder, and I'll try anything once :) Just happy to have it as part of my beautiful collection!  The only crappy part about the body powder, is that the casing is cardboard, whereas the other two are beautifully packaged in gold/enameled lovely packaging!  Why skimp on the powder box, Guerlain?

Now, for the lip GLOSS of the day...
 

Today I thought I'd switch it up a little bit and feature a gloss today instead of a Lipstick :)

NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait!

I can't lie...I really am NOT a fan of lip gloss.  Normally it's sticky, tacky, and gets stuck in my hair.  This gloss, is actually quite pleasant.  I got this color inparticular because it looks in the tube to be a lovely Fuschia color, which is the name of my game at the moment!

The gloss goes on VERY smoothly, and is probably the smoothest gloss I've ever felt.  it's not sticky at all, the best I can describe it is....well...buttery :)  It also smells delicious, like sugary cupcakes or frosting...LOVELY!  I'm gonna keep it short and sweet, because its hard for me to get too amped up about a gloss.  However, I do think that most people will love this, the color pay off looks intense but is sheer, the gloss is long-lasting, no sticky and the packaging is really small, easy to take with you.  It costs about $5 and is available at Ulta and Harmon Discount :)

Here are a few more swatches:
 

NEXT UP...

Rimmel London 9-in-1 BB Cream!

Yes, another drugstore BB cream that I had to try.  Rimmel had high claims for this:

BB Cream with SPF 25 is skin perfecting super makeup, developed specifically for women who prefer not wear foundation. Better than a moisturizer, better than a foundation. Creates the perfect 9-part regimen in one easy step: Primes, Moisturizes, Minimizes Pores, Conceals, Covers, Smoothes, Mattifies, Brightens and helps Protect. You have to live it to believe it! Its foundation reinvented! Dermatologist tested.

I've been using this for a few days, and I have to say I really like this.  You have to start with clean skin, of course.  Once this is applied, it blends very well, and mostly holds up to all the claims you see above.  I do have to touch up with this during the day because it doesn't do anything for mattifying, but that's a small price to pay.  It has a very natural look to it, and I didn't have to use concealer with it either.  It is buildable, so you can choose the level of coverage you'd like.  I've been doing 2 coats of this, because I do have a fair amount of acne scarring to cover, and it does so quite well.  Here are some swatches:
swatch, without flash
blended, with flash
This also has a really nice dewy finish which I love!  This stuff is cheap too, only 7 bucks.  I got mine at CVS, but Rimmel is sold at most drugstores, and Wal mart!

NEXT!

Milani Baked Blush in Red Vino!

OMG.  This blush SERIOUSLY RULES.  I have so many pink and peachy blushes...I've been hitting a blush plateau!  How can I make a sexy, sultry edgy look with a pink or peachy blush?  Ugh its barely doable...needed a showstopper blush.  That's where RED VINO comes in!
Red Vino is a LOVELY port red wine colored blush, with gold glitter baked into it, in lovely swirls!  There's nothing about this blush that I don't like.  You do however, have to be careful not to over-apply on fair complexions...as I learned the hard way!  I seriously would powder puff myself into oblivion...jeez....

Here's a couple swatches :)

These blushes are $8.49 each, and the only place I've seen Milani is Walgreens and CVS.  Totally worth it!  LOVE THIS SEXY BLUSH!

I'll go ahead and end this post with a beautiful, vintage...
photocredit: missunderst00dd.buzznet.com
Billy Corgan, of course :) xoxoxox 

Thanks for reading and stay foxxxy!!!!

Sher

No comments:

Post a Comment