Friday, April 12, 2013

Physicians Formula Mood Boosting Lipstick ~ Vanity Necklace ~ Benefit Fake Up Hydrating Concealer ~ and a Pep Talk!

Well hello there :) suppose I'm back from my beauty hiatus...

Today's Lipstick of the Day is:
Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Lipstick in "I Love Rose"

This lipstick is just adorable, from the color, to the packaging, to the scent, and even the price!

The packaging is a metallic pink with a clear top so you can see the color of the actual lipstick through it.  Physician's Formula advertises this sexy little number as:
  • Give Lips a Boost of Happy Color.
  • Rich color glides on with luminous shine and all-day comfort for a happy glow
  • Lip boosting formula with collagen boosting peptides smoothes lips so they look plump, healthy and luscious.
  • Three complementary shades blend together for a kiss of glowing color to boost your mood.
  • Feel Happy!
  • Experienced the Mood Booting Effect.
  • Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin* and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping to protect skin from environmental stress.
  • The sweet scent & flavor of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.
I was initially concerned with this because of the way the lipstick is formulated.  The colors are separate layers in the lipstick, dark on the outside, then a lighter pink, then a little heart of highlighter in the middle...how freakin cute!!!  Thankfully, the colors DO end up blending together upon application, so my concern flew out the window.
photocredit: www.physiciansformula.com
The scent is really awesome, I love the smell of violet, and it does have a taste as well which I can't totally explain, but do enjoy!  The color goes on smooth and wears for about 3 hours or so before needing to be re-applied.  The formula is moisturizing, so there is minimal dragging across the lips on application.

As for the mood-boosting effect?  I'm not TOTALLY sure about that, but I suppose I felt generally happy when I put it on...not sure if I was just feeling happy at the time, or because this lipstick is just too damn cute.

You can get your own Mood-Boosting Lipstick from any drugstore, for about $8.  There are ALWAYS coupons, either online or in the stores for these, sometimes they are stuck right on the packaging of the product.  I had a $3 off coupon, so got mine for around $5.

Here are some swatches of this cute little number!
without flash
with flash
lip swatch

Let's talk about beauty tools...and my new favorite one that only pushes me to be more appearance concious...a mirror NECKLACE...
Yes...a mirror necklace.  A Vintage 80s jeweled mirror necklace, to be exact.  This thing is a pretty good size (it's no Flava-Flav clock or anything, I'd say the mirror is like an inch or so) and is the perfect tool for me to check my lipstick quickly throughout the day, without whipping out a compact, which is a whole big to-do sometimes :)  I do love this thing, and it's such a nice touch to my recent vintage looking outfits and dresses.  Every beauty concious girl should have one!

Now, onto my new favorite topic...concealer.  Specifically, under eye concealer...and here's one that I recently tried...
Benefit Fake Up Hydrating Concealer

This concealer has some BIG promises.  Benefit describes this product as:

This hydrating crease-control concealer - with Vitamin E & apple seed extract - hides dark circles & diffuses fine lines for a silky smooth, ultra-natural look. Available in three shades, it's proven to keep skin hydrated for 6 hours!

Results too good to conceal! (Results observed in a consumer panel survey:

  • 100% said Fakeup hydrates skin
  • 100% said fakeup feels comfortable on skin
  • 100% said the texture feels silky
  • 94% said the effect is long-lasting
  • 94% said fakeup doesn't run
  • 97% said the formula is lightweight
  • 91% said fakeup conceals dark circles
  • 91% saw a natural appearance
  • 97% said the packaging makes it easy to use
Directions Stroke fakeup underneath each eye. Using your ring finger, pat gently outward to blend. You can also use it to touch up throughout the day this double duty hydrating & concealing formula wont cake, crease or settle.

When I first tried this in the store, I loved it.  I bought it right away.  Well, after using it for about 3 weeks, I can give you an honest review.

Let me start by saying that I will be 30 this year.  I am starting to get fine lines around my eyes, and I'm just about to kill myself every time I see them (...hence the hunt for the perfect UNDER-EYE concealer.)

This concealer is cased in a lipstick-style casing, which twists up to show the product.  The concealer itself is wrapped in an emollient rich layer, which does in fact help the concealer to apply very nicely.  It goes on well, and blends well, definitely not leaving the dreaded "reverse racoon" eye effect.

However, my problem with this concealer is that it does not jive with my beloved powders.  I find that one powder is applied with this in any shape or form, it gets sort of cakey and creasy, totally showing my gross eye wrinkles...UGH.  Just took this back to Sephora yesterday...RIP Fake Up Concealer...

I do however think that this would work well on mature skin, for people who DO NOT use powder.  This has a hefty price tag of $24, but if you buy from Sephora or Ulta, you can definitely return it if it doesn't work for you.  It's worth a try for anyone who is looking for a good under eye concealer, who doesn't wear a lot of powder.

On a closing note...

I've been blogging less lately not only because I have been busy, but because I've been having issues getting overly excited about my appearance and makeup lately.   Not the easiest thing to admit to all the readers of my beauty blog, but I think it's just one of those things that tends to happen, to the most of us I believe.
Over the years I've become more and more critical of myself, but the feeling comes and goes.  Makeup is an important part of my daily life, and helps me feel pretty when feelings like this tend to consume me...then you have to remind yourself....
photocredit: www.epiclol.com
Everyone has a little sexy in there somewhere.  Even if you dont FEEL like it, it's important to find it and rock the hell out of it...do your best, make it happen and make yourself feel beautiful. 

And for everyone who tries to get in your way and convince you that you're not pretty enough, or skinny enough, or WHATEVER...and they're all like

Just remind yourself that they're just sad about themselves, and need to cut down your sexy to feel better about themselves :) then continue on with your bad self.

And if that doesn't work...then do what I do and imagine that Billy Corgan just told you that you're the most beautiful woman in the world, and he's going to write a superlove song, all about you and how pretty you are :) then he's gonna sing it OUT LOUUUUUD! 

photocredit: x1075lasvegas.cbslocal.com
omg...can you IMAGINE?!  *id just die.* ! ! !

Have a FoXXXy weekend my loves :) xoxo

Sher

No comments:

Post a Comment