Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Perle 111 Mysterious Red ~ Illamasqua Freak Perfume

OMG...WEDNESDAY...

Today's Lipstick of the Day is a foxy red...
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Perle 111 (Myserious Red)

Any of you who know me know that I am always raving about Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) Lipsticks!  They are FANTASTIC.  Rich, creamy, opaque in one coat, glossy, smell and taste great, luxurious...I'm sure that my normal self could think of a LOT more to say about them, however this week I'm just about spent from working and being sick.
I am totally obsessed with how FANCY the actual tubes of these are!!!  That is just the cherry on the sundae with these bad boys...seriously, obsesed.  What girl wouldn't be excited to whip this out of her bag to re-apply?  I'm excited every time I look at it for cryin out loud!!!!!

Here's a few more swatches:
skin swatch, with flash
lip swatch, without flash
The only bad part about YSL lipsticks is that they are an arm and a leg...BUT NOT THIS ONE!  YSL's usually run about $34 a tube... I picked this one up at the Grove City Outlets (at the cosmetics store by fossil for any of you who want to go get yours!) for TEN DOLLARS!!!!!!!  A freakin STEAL!!!!!  I STOLE IT!!!  Ok well I didn't but you know what I mean...

Now, let's get down to the nitty gritty...the real reason that I am blogging today...my new FAVORITE PERFUME EVER................

"Freak" by Illamasqua

OH MY WORD...there are no words to really describe this perfume.  Except ONE MILLION PERCENT PERFECT.  I will have to say, I like it better than my LONG TIME fav, Lolita Lempicka (sorry girl, but its true.)

Illamasqua describes Freak as follows:

The first fragrance from Illamasqua, Freak is a concoction of dangerously exotic unconventional flowers that Illamasqua has unashamedly blended together to celebrate the night.
TOP NOTES
Black Davana, Opium Flower and Belladonna bewitch the senses into uncontrollable lust and passion.
HEART NOTES
Poison Hemlock, Datura and Queen of the Night blossom, caress and kiss.
BASE NOTES
Aromas of Frankincense, Oud and Myrrh, addictively mesmerises and captures the senses. 
photocredit: www.illamasqua.com
The bottle is so cool, and sits on it's side - and IT HAS A SNAIL CRAWLING UP IT!  Anyone who knows me knows that I love slugs and snails cause they're so damn cute!  I was immediately intrigued by this, but the problem is that there's nowhere to smell it, except in certain Sephora locations.  I finally found one by me that has it a few months back...sprayed it on myself and immediately decided that I hated it.  

But as I drove home that night, an intoxicating, beautiful, alluring, sexy smell was filling the car...AND BY GOD IT WAS ME.  I was in denial and put it out of my mind, running back to my beloved Lolita Lempicka and Chanel no5.  

A month or two later, I went back to the store with my friend, who sprayed it on herself and loved it immediately.  I sprayed myself again, and actually liked the smell this time...and again, as time went on, it morphed into the most DELECTABLE, SEXY smell that I have ever smelled...

The only place you can get this is online at Sephora, and Illamasqua's website.  Illamasqua is UK based, and the shipping takes FOREVER.  The retail price is $90 for the big bottle (2.5 oz) however Sephora has it on sale now for $72.  Snagged that shit right up.  ITS MINE NOW.  If you can find it in a Sephora near you...GO SMELL IT.  It's JAW DROPPING.

HAD TO HAVE IT.   My first thoughts when I sprayed it all over myself today: 

I will totally wear this on my date with Billy Corgan!  He just has to see my blog one day and know that I am so in love with him.  GIVE ME A CHANCE, BILLY!!!
photocredit: rnickjagger.tumblr.com
OMG I'm sounding desperate these days.  This man is breakin' me down and I'm being swallowed by his superlove!!

Thanks for reading and stay foxxxy :) xoxo

Sher

No comments:

Post a Comment