Thursday, March 7, 2013

Wet N' Wild Lolly Popstar ~ Bye Bye Blemish ~ Guerlain Meteorite Perles Teint Rose 01

OMG...Thursday...I feel like I'm 90 years old...it's been "a week" as they say.

Today's Lipstick of the Day is...
Wet n' Wild Megalast Lipstick in Lolly Popstar!

I've ranted and raved about these lipsticks for awhile.  $1.99 is all you need to obtain this KICK ASS shade, and trust me, you won't be sorry ~ however, it's not for the faint of heart.  This lipstick packs a serious punch to the face - a HUGE color payoff, with only one swipe.  It's thick and creamy, although not moisturizing, so be sure to put a chapstick under, and exfoliate accordingly!

For anyone who follows me on Facebook, I did make this particular shade one of the "Lipstick of the Days" prior to my blog ~ however, I don't know how many people from Facebook actually look at my blog LOL, so there you go.  Here are some swatches for you!
Also, for any Facebook Followers of mine, NYX posted a "pink" look yesterday which I did on myself today, using Lolly Popstar, Physicians Formula Sexy Boost Blush, and Maybelline Fuschia Fever Eyeshadow :)  PINK LADY TODAY!


Moving right along...just a quite note about this stuff you may not know about and like, if you have problematic acne...
Bye Bye Blemish

This is a "drying" lotion and IT ROCKS.  There is a pink sediment at the bottom, and some kind of liquid on top.   You do NOT mix the two.  To apply, you put a Q-tip in the jar, get the pink stuff, and put it on the pimple.  Dries that bad boy out considerably, overnight.  This stuff is really great, don't know what I'd do without it.  It's cheap too, around five or six bucks I believe, and available at most drugstores.  I got mine at Ulta awhile back. 


NOW THEN...let's talk about love.  And I don't mean Billy Corgan (not yet, I'm not at the end of this just yet!)
Guerlain Meteorite Perles in 01 Teint Rose

OMG.  This is my first Guerlain product, and normally, I refuse to shell out this kind of cash...but I had to try them.  First of all...I want to talk about the packaging.  It is literally something right out of the roaring glamorous 20s.  It's STUNNING and I HAD TO HAVE THESE almost on that alone.  The package is a lovely art deco metal, with an enameled lid :)
I have been reading beauty blogs raving about these for quite some time, so finally, I had to jump on the bandwagon.  Most people seem to  be confused as to what these Meteorites really are.  They're not a highlighter, and they're not a setting powder.  They are a FINISHING powder, meaning, you apply these LAST, after everything in your whole routine.

You'll notice in the picture above that the colors are not your traditional neutral powder face colors...they do however serve a purpose:
  • Mauve to reflect light/brighten complexion
  • Green to reduce redness
  • Pink to give skin a more even look
  • White for illumination
  • Gold for a radiant touch
Today was my first day using them, and honestly, I don't think I've ever seen my skin looking so beautiful and radiant...and if even I think that about myself, this stuff must be straight from outer space, cause its so damn perfect.  So fun to apply too, you swirl your brush around in the tin, so that it rolls over all the different colors, and it brings up the most DELECTABLE scent from the perles, it's some kind of powdery violet, I've never smelled anything like this before, and I am in SUPERLOVE with this smell!!!

Get ready to kick me now, because they are $58 from Sephora...however the tin is huge, and lasts most people about 3 years.  At this rate, they might last me 10 minutes cause I'm in the superlove, have an addictive personality, and can't get enough of these!!!!!!!

On a side note...Guerlain has these in travel form...in a beautiful compact that is too much money to talk about right now...so let's talk about...

A ravishing picture of my beautiful superlove Billy Corgan in his young days!  So lovely, but he's always perfect :)
photocredit: www.uncut.co.uk
Thanks for reading and stay foxxxy!

xoxo

Sher

No comments:

Post a Comment