Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Revlon Superlustrous Lipstick in Temptress ~ Revlon Colorsilk Buttercream Hair Color ~ Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner

Damn, it's been awhile!!!  I'm back and badder than ever.

Today's Lipstick of the Day is...

Revlon Superlustrous Lipstick in Temptress

Alright...I want you to think about the definition of the word Temptress.  "A woman who tempts, entices & allures; A woman who sets out to seduce a man/men...a seductress; A woman who tempts someone to do something, typically a sexually attractive woman who sets out to allure or seduce someone."
photocredit: www.funstuffcafe.com
Bettie Page, the original temptress!!!!!  While I'd love to be the next Bettie Page, the only thing about me that holds true to that description is this lipstick that I'm blogging about...ALAS...I DIGRESS!

When I think Temptress, I think sexy, bombshell red or fuschia.  Apparently Revlon though creamy, warm toned pink...which is okay too I GUESS.  This is a very natural pink color, with a creme luster finish that is moisturizing, and fairly pigmented.  The wear time is not that long, I'd say about 2 hours or so for me.

I think this is a really cute lip color that should be in every woman's collection :) you can get this for as cheap as $4.99 in most drugstores (some closer to $8) but there's always coupons, etc too which make buying these easy!   And hey, if the name "Temptress" kicks up your foxy level and makes you feel pretty, then why not? :)

Here are some swatches of Temptress!

NEXT UP...

A complete revolution in the world of hair color...in my humble opinion
Revlon Colorsilk Buttercream Hair Color

I've been coloring my hair now for about 10 years. I've tried all colors, blonde, red, brown, dark brown...and then my  ultimate fav...BLACK!  The darker the better!  I have tried almost every brand out there, in an attempt to get the blackest of black hair...and I have ill feelings about most hair colors.  I've been using L'oreal Excellence for the last 3 years or so, but it burns my head something FIERCE!  Finally, I heard about this Revlon Colorsilk Buttercream hair color, and the name is alluring in itself...I got the darkest of them all, called Blue Black. (cool colored black)

Can't go wrong with the price either, at under 5 dollars a box, AWESOME.  The packaging leaves much to be desired, the gloves are shabby and you have to cut the top of the dispenser bottle off with a scissor, but I'm telling you, this is a LUXURY product inside this box.  The color feels great going on, and doesnt stink!  If any of you color your hair, then you will know that most hair colors reek of ammonia and burn your eyes and nose, and it is a crappy experience! 

When I rinsed this color out of my hair, it felt SO SOFT...even before applying the conditioner!  I couldn't believe it.  And my scalp didn't burn at all!  So this is great for those of you with sensitive skin.  This didn't stain my skin, or leave any dye marks in the shower either, so I'm telling you, this is a HOME RUN.  I will be stocking up on this FOR SURE. If I was a super good blogger I would have taken before & after pics, but I didn't think it was going to be as fantastic as it is!

NEEEEEEEXT
Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner

I love gel eyeliner!  I LOVE IT.  The only downside about it, is that it usually comes in a cute little pot, and then you gotta rummage around for a brush, make sure the brush is clean before and after, and blah blah blah.  it's a whole big thing.  Now, with this eyeliner and it's nifty packaging, the brush is actually enclosed in the top of the cute little lid:
then you screw the lid off, which reveals the cute little jar of eyeliner (which in my experience, is a FREAKIN TINY JAR.)
I was really excited about this!  A gel eyeliner with a built in brush?! SWEET.  So I tried it on, was really excited about how smooth and opaque it applied - and that little brush was surprisingly easy to use.  I finished my face and went about my day...

Well 2 hours later when I was in the restroom, I looked at myself in the mirror and there was eyeliner all over my upper lids, and running down the sides of my eyes!  WATERPROOF Gel Eyeliner?!   SON OF A BITCH!

I thought maybe I had just applied it wrong, and gave it a shot the next day, leaving extra time for it to try.  Same thing the next day.  If I had the receipt for this crap, I'd take it back, and it's a rare event that I return anything...guess this garbage is now part of my permanent collection, because I'm too stubborn to throw it out!  Luckily, it was only like 5 dollars, so I'm not out that much :)

Just for shits and giggles, I did a little experiment.  On the back of my hand I made a thick line of eyeliner (about 2 coats, on the left) and a thin layer of liner (on the right, one coat) and I let both dry for 10 minutes.  After 10 minutes, I ran my finger up and down...and here's the results.
What I'd like to do is flush this straight down the toilet, but I'm determined to come up with SOME use for it...ugh.  Buyer beware...it may work for some people, doesn't work for me though!  Keep your receipt of you pick this one up.

I've got a lot of great stuff to write about in the upcoming days, I've added numerous things to my stockpile, as well as a few great vintage luxury items that I am SO SUPER EXCITED about!

"I just WANT youuu SOoOoooOOo"       photocredit: www.bystarlight.org
Thanks for reading everybody & stay super foxxxy!!!!

xoxo

sher

2 comments:

  1. The gel liner did the same thing with me! But Alieen uses it and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reeeaaallllyyyy wanted to love that liner, I was so pissed! I've tried everything to make it work...and damn aileen can wear anything lol!

      Delete