Thursday, March 14, 2013

Revlon Cherries in the Snow ~ Olay Pro X Facial Cleansing System ~ Maracuja Oil

Today's post is about a few things that every woman NEEDS to own.  I say NEED.

Today's Lipstick of the Day is...

Revlon's Cherries in the Snow

If you follow me on Facebook, you may remember this as one of my photo "Lipstick of the Day" pictures, however, this color deserves a righteous post.

I ended up getting this back in January, after putting it off for years because I thought "it can't be all that great!"  I'm fairly stubborn, so if everyone loves it, I'm dead set on hating it...but I couldn't hold that pose forever...decided earlier this year, I had to have it in my collection.  I could never find it anywhere, and everywhere I went anyways, it was always sold out.  It is what they call, a "cult classic" :) it's been around, and loved by women since 1953!
The awesome "Cherries in the Snow" retro Revlon ad!  photocredit: www.boots.com
The day that I bought this, I was going to see Ed Kowalczyk in concert, and was super stoked.  I wore this lipstick in SUPER confidence, and enjoyed the show.  After the show, I was greeted by one of the opening acts in the vestibule, who informed me that he noticed me from the stage, particularly, my lipstick!  He then went on to charm me with other things...but that's neither here nor there...the point is...Cherries in the Snow GETS NOTICED!  Here's some swatches!
skin swatch, with flash
another photo of me enjoying Cherries in the Snow!
lip swatch, no flash
I don't know about you, but when I think of Cherries in the Snow, I think RED.  This lipstick is not quite red - more raspberryish in my opinion, which sort of put me off at first, but is later what made me fall in love with it.  I've been wearing this lipstick for the last few days, and honestly, I really love this.  The staying power is amazing, it wears evening, feels fantastic the entire time, and it makes me feel oh so pretty!

Cherries in the Snow should be a part of any woman's beauty collection, and for about 6 bucks a pop, why not?


UP NEXT...


Olay Pro-X Advanced Facial Cleansing System
photocredit: www.amazon.com
Up until about 4 days ago, I had never used a facial cleansing brush in my life.  I've been washing my face with my hands for 29 damn years!  I'm an old woman, and I'm stuck in my ways I guess.  There's a lot of fuss about the Clarisonic Facial Brush, which runs about $150.00...my sister just got one, and her face is literally the picture of perfection right now...so I've been thinking about a Clarisonic ever since.  I have a lot of skin issues, suffered with acne for a long time, blackheads, combination skin, etc...
photocredit: www.olay.com
Then I stumbled upon this diamond in the rough at CVS, and it was a FRACTION of the price.  I quickly read reviews on my phone before purchasing, and women were raving about this thing.  I figured for $30, what do I have to lose?  I could return it if I hated it.
 The nitty gritty: The box comes with the brush, one brush head, a small tube of olay exfoliating cleanser,  and 2 AA batteries.  So yes, it runs on batteries, and the brush head needs to be replaced every 3 months.

There was a noticeable difference after using this just one time.  After 4 days of using this, the texture and tone of my skin is noticeably evened out.  I am literally excited to wash my face now.  I love it...can't get enough, I love using this!  My face has never felt so clean, and my skin has never felt so good.  The best part...my makeup goes on better than ever, AND STAYS ON!  No flaking, no dry patches, it's fantastic...this was the best 30 bucks I've ever spent!  Long story short...EVERY WOMAN MUST OWN THIS.  GO GET ONE, AND THANK ME LATER.

The last thing I'd like to talk about is...
photocredit: www.ulta.com
MARACUJA OIL!

This is a fancy word for Passion Fruit Oil.  I know what you're thinking...why put oil on your skin, right?  This isn't just ANY oil.  Maracuja oil has fantastic properties for your skin, and honestly, this is better than any facial lotion or treatment that I've ever used.   Here are some Maracuja Oil Fun Facts and Benefits!

"Known to Amazon locals as "puro milagro", or "the pure miracle", this 100% undiluted organic and moisturizing maracuja oil quickly absorbs for firmer, brighter, smoother skin. Pure maracuja oil is rich in vitamin C, so skin appears instantly brighter and more radiant, as well as essential fatty acids (EFAs), a requirement for healthy skin cells that the body cannot produce on its own. EFA deficiency can result in the breakdown of essential skin cells which causes skin to appear dry and aged. By supplementing skin with pure maracuja oil, you are infusing life back into dull skin and replenishing EFAs to rapidly rebuild and repair. This potent anti-aging elixir that has anti-inflammatory benefits promotes active skin recovery and delivers maximum hydration without any greasy or filmy feel. The recyclable glass bottle and sustainable bamboo cap is decadent in color but not in waste, embodying Tarte's "be green, be smart, be Tarte" packaging philosophy. Fun fact: Each bottle of pure maracuja oil contains 45 maracuja superfruits!

FIRMER: Nutrient-rich essential fatty acids repair & rejuvenate skin
BRIGHTER: Vitamin C awakens skin for a healthy, radiant complexion
SMOOTHER: Moisture-rich formula replenishes & hydrates skin

Pure maracuja oil can be used on all skin types:
  • Dry skin: The ultra-hydrating oil moisturizes skin, while EFAs rebuild and repair dry skin.
  • Oily skin: The instant absorption assures maximum hydration without any greasy or filmy feel. It actually counteracts skin's natural oils.
  • Dull skin: Rich in vitamin C, so skin appears instantly brighter and more radiant. EFAs, a requirement for healthy skin cells that the body can't reproduce help infuse life back into skin.
  • Sensitive/Acne-prone/Redness/Rosacea: It's loaded with antioxidants to help soothe and heal skin. Using oil will not cause breakouts.

    Skinvigorating Benefits:
  • Maracuja oil: Has been known to replenish, rebuild and brighten skin

    In a 6 week consumer use study:
  • 96% of women subjects saw an overall visible improvement in skin.
  • 91% of women saw a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles.
  • 94% of women saw a visible improvement in skin texture.
  • 94% of women agree thought skin appeared renewed and rejuvenated.
    Just like a serum, dispense a half drop for the face in the evening. Pure maracuja oil can also be used on body and hair."

  • It's an ANTI-AGING MIRACLE!   My skin has never looked better.  My acne responds quite well to this, too!  

    Now let me really blow your mind.  

    • Tarte sells this stuff in that pretty little bottle for $46 for 1.7 ounces.  
    • You can buy 4 ounces of this stuff from a site called Garden of Wisdom www.gardenofwisdom.com for $15.60!!!!  
     It's always on back order, and I've been using deluxe samples that I got for awhile now, but will wait for Garden of Wisdom to restock this!  

    For any of you who want the pretty purple bottle, the Tarte version of this is going on sale for $25 at Ulta on the 25th of this month!

    "LET'S SING ONE OUT FOR MY PERFECT SUPERLOVE, SHER STEWART, WEARING CHERRIES IN THE SNOW, LOOKIN FOXY WITH THAT PERFECT SKIN OH YEAHHHHHHHHH"  photocredit: www.morningjournal.com
    Oh...thanks Billy I'm super blushing... :P

    Til next time, thanks for reading and stay foxxxy!

    xoxo

    Sher

    No comments:

    Post a Comment