Thursday, March 21, 2013

OCC Lip Tar in Memento ~ MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation

Thursdays are always weird...for some reason I was in a super good mood today!

Today's Lipstick of the Day is...
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Memento

Memento is a really nice neutral, pinky peach that is perfect for spring :) I've sang the praises of OCC's Lip Tar's in the past (see my post about Black Dahlia) so I'll keep it short.  
OCC's Lip Tars go on with just a PIN POINT of color - they are buildable, but need time to dry in between applicatoins.  They go on really wet like a gloss, but dry down to a lovely satin finish :)

Here are some swatches of Memento! :)
Memento is a nice addition to anyone's collection.  They also last FOREVER because you just need a drop.  They are $16 a tube, and you can get them from Sephora and Amazon :)

Moving right along...let's talk Foundation!
MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation

MAC describes this foundation as:

"A luxurious, creamy foundation that delivers ultimate hydration while instantly revitalizing the look of dull and dry skin. Innovative gel-based system provides outstanding skin feel and a medium, buildable coverage with a natural satin finish. Micronized silicone coated pigments improve skin adherence and blendability while helping to maintain colour purity. Offers broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection with SPF 15. Comfortable on all skins, but especially suited for normal-dry and mature skins."

 I am wearing this foundation in all the pictures featured in today's post.   I have this in the color NC25, for reference.  I do like this foundation, but it's not my favorite.  It is really good for dry skin, because it tends to not bring attention to flaky areas, even toning them down a bit.  Because of the gel-based formula, it goes on really smooth, and is definitely buildable without getting cakey too fast.  It is definitely hydrating, I don't feel that it gets flaky or weird throughout the day, which is a plus - and you can build this up to full coverage, for sure.

Here are some swatches of MAC Studio Sculpt in NC25:
straight from the tube
blended
As you can see, it definitely evens out the ton of the skin and leaves a nice satin finish, which is what most people love about this foundation.

You can get this at any department store that sells MAC, and also online at www.maccosmetics.com but I got mine from a store that discounts cosmetics sold under Estee Lauder, and I think it was called Amazing Cosmetics or something, they are usually at outlet malls.

On a side note, I was really super excited today to nab Stila's 10-in-1 BB cream for only $20!  It's usually $38 so I was totally stoked to get it.  I've had boatloads of deluxe samples of this stuff, and blown through them all, so I'm really excited to have it, and be able to review it for you guys soon :)

Well, I am absolutely freezing, so I think I'll go have a spot of Tea...

WITH BILLY CORGAN :)

OK well maybe not with Billy Corgan, but hey...a girl can dream :)

Endlessly Foxy is almost up to 2000 views...thank you guys so much xoxo.  Thanks for reading!!!

Sher

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh, Memento looks BEAUTIFUL on you! I think I'm too tan for Memento because it makes my lips look dry. I got a bunch of sample sizes of Lip Tars from this girl on eBay (http://bit.ly/Xc3cbs) and I might have to mix Tarred with Memento to make a little darker for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Yes, I can see memento being a bit light and washy for many complexions. That's the great part about lip tars, you can make endless creations!! :) thanks for the tip on ebay as well! ~sher

      Delete