Monday, March 18, 2013

Hourglass Opaque Rouge Lipstick in Icon ~ Makeup Organization ~ Guerlain Voyage Compact in Mythic ~ Japonesque Brow Razor

OMG.  MONDAYYYYYY!  Sorry about my lack of blogging lately, I've been so busy, and over the weekend I was mastering the art of STORAGE, because my cosmetics and hair care collection was taking over the bathroom!

On to the show!

Today's Lipstick of the Day:
Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon

If you haven't heard of Hourglass, they are a great brand.  Pricey, but great, unique products.  This lipstick is no exception.  

Let's start with how Hourglass describes this product:

What it is:
A richly pigmented and silky smooth matte lip color that delivers 14 hours of continuous wear without flaking or dryness.

What it does:
The proprietary blend of advanced polymers in this liquid lipstick delivers intense, vibrant color with exceptional longevity. Skin-conditioning emollients, antioxidant fruit extracts, cili fruit, goji berry, and vitamins A, C and E help to protect the lips throughout the day.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan 

Now for my opinion on this description.  Yes, this is very pigmented, and these lipsticks do dry to a matte finish, which is SUPER awesome for this one in particular.  This is pin-up sexy matte blue based red, and it is fantastic.  Blue based reds are the best, because they are cool-toned, and make your teeth look whiter! 

As for the 14 hour claim...nooooo way.  I get 6 hours of wear with these, at best.  That's still pretty good though.  And unlike a lot of long wearing lipsticks, these are definitely not drying, and feel comfortable during wear, almost like a second skin.  I still habitually check my lipstick in the mirror all the time when I wear this, because with any red lipstick, you do have to sort of babysit it.  Although I'd have to say this one is a bit lower maintenance, I suppose. 

The unfortunate part about this, is that it doesn't tend to wear evenly.  For me, it tends to wear off in the center of my lips, sort of leaving that dreaded super dark lip liner look...however, it can be easily touched up, and I think it actually wears better after it's touched up.

I've heard mixed reviews on these, but I really do like them.  They are $28 at Sephora.  Next time you're in there, try this one (or a shade of your choice) on, and test it out - see how it works out for you :) I'm sure you'll love it.

Now then, let's talk about my weekend super-feat...

I am completely organized, and it feels great!  Finally, all of my cosmetic items totally arranged, organized, together, and in ONE PLACE and not strewn across different rooms, in different drawers and cabinets...lovely!  Putting on my makeup was a breeze today because it was all organized.  It was not easy to do, and it took FOREVER, almost 4 hours because I had to go through everything, throw out some stuff, etc.  But it's finally done, and I feel great!!!!!  I think I like putting on my makeup better now than before!

Let's do a "before" and "after":
Before...and I wish I could say this was all of it...the other stuff was strewn about in other rooms!
7 stacking shelves, a rubbermaid container and 1 traincase later...totally organized!


Let's move on to my new favorite, most coveted cosmetic item in the world...
IT'S HERE!!!!!
MY GUERLAIN METEORITES MYTHIC PRESSED POWDER IN THE VINTAGE GOLD COMPACT!!!!!
OMG!!!!!

This showed up on my doorstep today with a note saying "To my superlove, From B.C."  ....weird...I don't know anyone named BC or anything...

I am a huge fan of the Guerlain Meteorites Perles (Teint Rose) and these are sort of a pressed version of those, but less shimmery.  You COULD use this to set your foundation, I use it as a finishing powder though.  This stuff is the BEST powder I have ever used, and I've never gotten so many compliments on my skin while using one product, that is TRANSLUSCENT.  Not even with my precious NARS Transluscent Pressed Powder, which I do love...but not as much as I love this!!!!
OMG....SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's start with the superficial.  The compact itself is really damn gorgeous.  Has a nice weight to it, too!  Honestly, I reveled in it's beauty for about 20 minutes when I opened it.  It's 18k gold plated, with hand laid enamel on the top, in the signature Guerlain flower design...omg I LOVE IT I JUST LOVE IT AND I'LL NEVER STOP LOVING IT.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love nothing more than fancy schmancy compacts, and this here is the cream of the crop and I'm gonna tell you why, of course.

Back in the day, when women were women, dressed up every day to the 9's, and were crazy about their appearance, they would head straight to the powder room to make sure they were always nothing less than PERFECT :)  They'd all stand in front of the mirror, make sure every hair is in place, and every aspect of their makeup was perfect.  This is the type of compact that would be used for that back in the day.  A lovely, well made, sturdy, reusable/refillable compact, which can be passed down from generation to generation TO GENERATION...or it could just be buried with me...which will probably be the case!
Guerlain Voyage Compact in Mythic (no flash)
Yes, the colors look super weird, but finish transluscent, and this is much less shimmery than the Guerlain Meteorite Perles, and makes a great touch-up powder.  I usually HATE touching up my makeup, because after the touch up it immediately gets cakey and weird and I start hating it...well not with this precious stuff...perfection, all day.  Can't beat it!!!
with flash!
It comes with a cute velvet pouch to keep it in, so that it doesn't get scuffed up in your purse
Needless to say, this is the beginning of a vintage compact love affair for Sher Stewart.  I need more vintage compacts, and the collection starts now.  I am in love with this, and this is a love that cannot end!

For those of you that love this and want to know more, I'll tell you what I know.  This one is no longer sold by Guerlain, it was a limited edition at some point (not sure when) but Guerlain has all different types of these refillable compacts.  Sometimes you can find pretty cool ones for a decent price on eBay, however you will may have to duke it out with some broad (or dude trying to wow a broad) for the compact, because these usually don't go under the radar.

Now then, you have other options.  You can buy this direct from the department stores (Bloomingdales, Saks 5th Avenue, etc.) and you have 2 options.  You can buy the refill (just the pan) and it is $55.00.  If you want the compact with the powder inside, the whole 9 yards will run you $170.00...crazy, I know...crazy beautiful!  If you decide to buy only the pan and need a compact to put it in, it fits perfectly inside the Physician's Formula Bamboo compact.  Not as glamorous, but it'll get the job done, for sure.

On a closing note, I've been using the best brow-shaping tool ever, and totally realized I haven't shared my experience with anyone...
photocredit: www.ulta.com

Japonesque Brow Razor & Lash Brush Set

This awesome little set comes with 2 brow razors, one of them has a cover that is also a brow and lash comb.  I absolutely DESPISE plucking my brows, and have been looking forever for something that wasn't a wax or a tweezer, or a depillatory cream.  Well, this is it, kids!  This brow razor takes it right down to the skin, shapes your brows perfectly.  Yes, you have to do it every other day (maybe every day if your brows grow fast) but it literally takes about a minute, and is pain free.  YES PLEASE!  The set is 9 bucks at Ulta.  LOVE IT, can't live with out it.

On a quick closing note, my superlove, Billy Corgan, turned 46 yesterday.  Here's to infinity more years of beautiful songwriting, my love!!!!
"OHHHH yeah, LEFT MY SUPERLOVE A VINTAGE COMPACT ON HER PORRRRCH!!!"                 photocredit:  SP PICTURES via Twitter

WAIT, WHAT.....!?!   ;-)

Thanks so much for reading and stay super foxxxy!!!!!!! And by the way, Endlessly Foxy hit over 1800 views today, even with my lack of posting lately!  THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!

xoxo

Sher

No comments:

Post a Comment