Tuesday, February 19, 2013

YSL Rouge Volupte No. 1 ~ Compact Mirrors, and a Surprise Valentine's Day Gift!!

Oh, man, I am exhausted today!  On with the show...

Today's Lipstick of the Day is:
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte No. 1 Nude Beige

This is one of my favorite lipsticks of ALL TIME.  I am IN THE SUPERLOVE with YSL Rouge Volupte Lipsticks! They are like lipsticks from outer space...there are no others out there like them, I'm telling you.
First of all, they come in these beautiful super duper fancy tubes, which remind me of like the 20s or something.  Each tube has a color indicator behind the YSL logo, which is helpful when you're choosing which color to wear that day!  The old school tubes have a mirror on top for touch ups (awesome) but for some reason they did away with that.

Nude Beige is the perfect color to go with a dramatic eye.  The weird part about this color, is that it's not exactly beige...it's pink with heavy beige undertones.  Here's a few swatches so you can get a better idea:
This is the perfect lipstick.  It is completely opaque in ONE coat - those swatches above were done doing just ONE coat of this.  These are amazing.  They also finish with a nice shine, and smell DELICIOUS...like roses and fruit, with just a hint of awesome :)

The unfortunate part about these loveys is that they are not cheap...$34 a tube!  I usually only buy these when I have gift cards.  You can get them at any major dept store (Macys, Bloomingdales,) and also at Sephora.  Even if you just go there and try them on...you won't regret it.  You'll thank me later :) these are the lipsticks of OUR LIVES!!!!!!

Moving right along, I'd like to give some love to some cute cosmetic accessories today...my favorite things...


COMPACT MIRRORS!

I have a lot of compact mirrors...I don't know why, but I just love them!  

These are my two top favorites EVER:

The Cinderella Mirror by Sephora!  I LOVE this mirror, and it is my most favorite compact mirror.  It will be in any purse I carry, for sure.  The signature Cinderella clock on the outside, gold inlay, rose-cut glass over top, and a "pocketwatch" type closure thingy... I LOVE THIS MIRROR.  Makes me feel sooooooooo pretty when I use it.  There is a normal mirror, and a magnified mirror on the inside.  The normal side of the mirror says on the very bottom "time for your moment"......you're damn right it is!!!  It was limited edition and is no longer available, but you can probably find one on Ebay or something!  It's hard to get in pictures, so I've included my own photo, as well as a stock photo.
photocredit: www.sephora.com
And the mirror I use when I'm feeling like a super badass...

Kat Von D's (by Sephora) Compact Mirror!  This mirror is SO HEAVY.  I got this as a gift about 4 years ago (maybe 5?! I think I lost count) and it is holding up strong as ever.  It weighs a ton, and I get compliments on this every single time I take it out, it never goes unnoticed.  Unfortunately, this was limited edition also, but again, maybe you can find it on Ebay if you're interested!  When you open it up, again, normal mirror and a magnified side, and the normal side has stars in the top corner, like KVD!  Magnet closure...awesoooooooome!
photocredit: www.polyvore.com

Today, my day was a little brighter because I received a really great Valentine's Day gift from my Mom in the mail, and it totally cracked me up...
LOL!!!  These are SO FREAKIN CUTE.  Cuticle/Brow Scissors and Tweezers!!!   I seriously laughed out loud when I got them, because they were so damn cute!  Her card said that she thought they looked just like me, and she couldn't pass them up...then I laughed even harder.  It was exactly what I needed!  LOVE THESE SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks Mom :)

photocredit: kudv4yn3.deviantart.com (modified lol)
Thanks so much for reading, and stay foxxxy!  xoxo

Sher

No comments:

Post a Comment