Saturday, February 16, 2013

OCC Lip Tar in Black Dahlia, MAC Powder Plus Foundation, and Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream Reviews!

Today's Lipstick of the Day is:

Obsessive Compusive Cosmetics (OCC) Lip Tar in Black Dahlia

OCC Cosmetics are 100% Vegan and Cruelty Free!  I love them, they are definitely unlike any other lip color I've ever tried. 
OCC Lip Tar in Black Dahlia  photocredit: www.sephora.com

Before I go into my schpiel, here is how OCC describes their Lip Tars:

A stunning new innovation in lip color, OCC Lip Tar combines the longevity of a lipstick, with the ease of application of a gloss. Goes on slick and moist, and dries down to a satin finish. Ultra-saturated in color, Lip Tar contains an unprecedented amount of pigment - a little goes a very, very long way! An intense yet featherweight layer of color that never looks or feels heavy. Meant to be mixed, Lip Tar comes in concise array of colors for a limitless selection of shades made by you! A simple, elegant formula that contains Hemp Oil, Peppermint Oil and Vitamin E, OCC Lip Tar feels as good on the lips as it looks!

DIRECTIONS: Apply the tiniest bead of Lip Tar with our newly-included #010S Short-Handled Precision Lip Brush for complete, opaque coverage, either mixed with other shades or on its own. Applying too much product can result in feathering outside the lipline, so remember: a little goes a very long way!
Lip Swatch: OCC Lip Tar - Black Dahlia
 I saw an ad where a model was wearing Black Dahlia...and I was mesmerized.  The color is a deep, blackened rose...stunning.  Had to have it...but had to order it, because of course Sephora was out.  Now, in the directions when they say the tiniest bead...they're not kidding.  When I first applied this, I went gung-ho, I mean I was ALL IN!  It was everywhere...all over my face, all over my teeth...not pretty.  The key to these is time and patience.  They are buildable, but need to be applied in the THINNEST layer possible, and given time to dry before the next layer is applied.  In my picture above, I did only one layer, but when this is built up, it is a very black rose...gorgeous.  Once it sets, it feels like a second skin, and wears FOR A LONG TIME.  I had the below swatches on my hand for 20 seconds while I took the picture, and there is a noticeable stain on my skin.  These things are no joke!
Skin swatch: A bead of color, and a blended section...SUPER PIGMENT!
On a side-note, I feel my old goth-esque roots coming back!!!  Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar has been playing on loop on my iPod for the last 3 days..non-stop!  
He's a big mean fatty now, but back in the day, it didn't get cooler than this...I'm telling you.  Well, except for my sweet Billy Corgan, but that's neither here nor there :)  photocredit: www.providermodule.com
This is one of my favorite albums ever, and it even forced me to dye my hair blue-black, Starry Night by Feria just a day ago...now this lipstick, and I have a feeling there's more where this came from!  Awesome...Alas, I digress...again :)

In closing regarding these OCC Lip Tars, if you haven't tried them, please go to Sephora and give them a shot.  They totally rock - they are $16 a pop, 100% Vegan and Cruelty Free, and will literally last you FOREVER.  I can not see myself ever using up a tube of this.


NEXT UP...

As you all know, I am obsessed with Foundations and Powders, in my never-ending quest for complexion perfection...and I have found another total winner...
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

Yes...a POWDER foundation.  I couldn't resist...and unfortunately, I've been hopping on the MAC bandwagon for the last few weeks...which I said I would never do.  Their stuff is hit or miss with me...I either love it or hate it, there's no in between.  This stuff...LOVE.  In the above "Lipstick of the Day" picture, I am wearing this powder foundation alone (no concealer, no foundation) with the L'oreal Miracle Blur under it.  I even applied it with the sponge it came with (which is usually a no-no, but I figured, why not give it a whirl?)

This is your typical 3-compartment powder compact.  It's sturdy for sure though.  The first compartment houses the product, and a mirror, and when you lift up the powder, there is a compartment on the bottom to hold the sponge (or whatever other applicator you choose, if it fits lol) 

MAC describes this product as:

A one-step powder and foundation that provides a smooth, flawless, all-matte, full-coverage finish. Long-wearing, velvety texture allows skin to breathe. Available in a wide range of colours.

When I saw that this was a "full coverage, long wearing" powder foundation...I knew I had to have it.  I have been getting a little sick of my precious stick and liquid foundations, and I've been off the bareminerals wagon for quite some time...
This powder is really pigmented, this is only one swipe of the powder...love this.
When I first applied this, I wasn't too thrilled.  It was definitely full coverage, I packed it on...left no mark or imperfection uncovered lol.  It looked a little "powdery" at first, and I was immediately like "Oh no, I've done it again...powdered myself straight into oblivion..." however, I let it go, since I really wanted to review the product and see how it would wear all day.

Well...I was VERY PLEASANTLY surprised.  As the day went on, it only got better.  The product ended up setting very well as the day went on.  I have combo skin (semi oily T-zone) and I actually ended up re-applying to my T-zone 5 hours after initial application.  I went to dinner with my friend, and she told me she couldn't believe that I was wearing a powder foundation (after I told her what it was!) and she even said it looked "flawless"...how awesome.

I would definitely recommend this stuff.  It's $27 at www.maccosmetics.com and should last awhile, depending on how much you use.  I would estimate 2 months at the VERY LEAST.  I've read a lot of reviews, and it seems that with daily use, most people get 3-5 months use out of this, with daily use.

MAC's fouundations and powders all have weird color names, and I had no idea what the hell they meant until i stumbled upon this chart, and there is a full explanation here as to how to choose your shade: http://www.sokissandmakeup.com/mac-cosmetics-shade-guide/  For reference, in this Powder Plus Foundation, I am NC25.

Last up...

I stumbled upon this lovely thing at Ulta yesterday...
photocredit: www.thebodyshop-usa.com
The Body Shop's Wild Rose Hand Cream!

OMG.  I think I finally found a hand cream that I can use daily, and LOVE.  Yes, it says thsi stuff is for "mature skin" but it also says it evens out skintone, which is something that I could use, my hands are all scarred up, and it makes me self concious.  Anyways, this stuff is thick, but not greasy AT ALL.  Most of the time I can't stand using hand creams because I feel like when I put them on, even though they do take care of the dry skin, my hands are oily and gross and I can't stand that feeling!  This stuff sinks in within 30 seconds, and NO GREASY FEELING AT ALL.  Takes care of the dry skin, and...the best part...smells like ROSES!  Love it Love it Love it.  This is going on sale at Ulta www.ulta.com this weekend starting Sunday, and it's going to be $10 for the week.  It's usually $18.50, so jump on this one!  There are two other scents also, Almond Oil (smells like almonds, duh lol) and Hemp (smells earthy and patchoilish! I love this one too!)  Maybe it's time to stock up! :)

"I wanna sing you all a song about my babe, Sher Stewart....she's and angel and smells like roses...this one goes out to my superlove, 1, 2, 3, hit it, boys!"   photocredit: auditions-auditions.blogspot.com

....Oh :)

Thanks for reading, and stay foxxxy!!!!  xoxo

Sher

No comments:

Post a Comment