Friday, February 8, 2013

Foxy Friday! Playboy body spray, My favorite eyeliners, A foundation stick, and of course, Lipstick of the Day!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!  Being snowed in as we speak, so I guess I'll get crackin' I hope you guys need a lot to read today because as usual I have no shortage of words in the cosmetics department!

Today's Lipstick of the Day was a request by my lovely Grandma, Sherry!
Sorry for the 80s hair...it does what it wants!
Maybelline Color Whisper Lip Color in Pin-Up Peach!

These lip colors are really fun, and I LOVE the way they smell!  I'm not sure if the smell of each individual one is dependent on the name, I could swear this one smells like peaches.  It has no taste.  They are really moisturizing, too.  These are less pigmented than my beloved Revlon Lip Butters - but these have buildable color.
In this swatch I've included the container (each tube has a transparent cover that is indicative of the lip color inside, which is convenient.  I do however hate the lettering on it, I think it super cheapifies the look of the product...I always love packaging and it's usually what draws me to things.  Anyways, I did two swipes of product, the sheerer one on the top is one swipe, and the bottom one is about 7 swipes...which is how I apply all my lipsticks...because more is always more, and I never do just a little of ANYTHING...because what's the fun in that?  But hey, to each their own.
Lip Swatch: Maybelline Color Whisper in Pin-Up Peach
The only thing that I don't like about these is the staying power.  Unfortunately, it's not good at all.  I got MAYBE an hours worth of wear out of my initial application.  Poo.  But, some people don't mind that at all - and I will say, this would be a nice feminine "chapstick" if you're sick of the same old/same old.  These cost about 7 bucks at the drugstore.
On to the next... :)

photocredit: www.shopping.aol.com
 Playboy "Play It Lovely" Body Mist!

I found this lovely little bottle of wonderful by pure chance.  Here's a little story for ya.  I was in NJ for work a few days ago, and had to stop at CVS before work because I FORGOT my freaking deodorant...of course.  So immediately it's already instilled in my mind that I smell like a garbage dump on fire.  That being said, I had to find a cute body spray that would somehow assist me in getting over my fear or reeking up the entire office...and then...THERE IT WAS.  Playboy Body Spray?!  Heff would NEVER let those girls smell bad.  "I'M ON BOARD" I said, and snagged it up, without even knowing what it smelled like.  Immediately in the car, I doused myself like I was on fire and the only thing that could stop it was Playboy Body Spray.  I was in love.  I usually despise body sprays...but not this...this one is special.  Now, keep in mind I would have to douse myself every hour on the hour, since I had it in my head that I had the odor of a garbage barge on fire in the  middle of the hudson...but I can't tell you how many compliments I got about this body spray.  LOTS.  It's nice and light, definitely appeals to a mass audience.  It has a nice CLEAN scent, which I love.  

Playboy describes this scent as:

"Play It Lovely is an ideal fragrance for daily flirt; it lures with wonderful, playful and innocent notes that emphasize the beauty of every woman.
Top notes: citrus, blackberries and juicy peaches. Heart: Sharry Baby orchid, Belle de Nuit and tuberose. Base: amber, patchouli and tonka.
It is available as 30 and 50 ml EDP and 150 ml body spray. Play It Lovely was launched in 2010."

This was 7 dollars at CVS and worth every penny.  It now goes with me in my purse, because it's just that LOVELY :)  THANKS HEFF YOU'RE A REAL GOOD EGG!

ON TO MY NEXT TOPIC...

I'd like to give a quick overview of the Foundation that I am wearing today:

Napoleon Perdis Stick Foundation!

I was introduced to this from a salesperson at Ulta, because we were talking about stick foundations...you honestly NEVER see these anymore, and I am and always have been a huge fan. (all hail Max Factor PAN STIK!!)  This stuff is really great, and it is described by Napoleon Perdis as:

Hypoallergenic double beauty duty base that gives min to max cover for the ultimate complexion perfection. Sets to a matte finish.Beeswax Water- resistant formula. Aloe extract - Offers hydration, healing & soothing properties. Stick formula - Mix to any consistency...light to maximum coverage.

Directions After applying appropriate Auto Pilot range, pick up a small amount of product on your foundation brush, start in the center of the face and feather out.
 I agree with all of that except the application suggestion.  I literally take the stick and cover my entire face in huge swipes, then use my beloved Beauty Blender sponge (referenced in previous posts, I do not apply foundation without this, EVER) to smooth everything out.  I really do love this foundation, it has really super coverage, acts as a foundation and concealer, and stays all day with the use of a setting powder.  Love it.  Pricey, $39 at ulta, but I got mine for 20% off due to the Friends & Family sale.

Lastly, I'd like to talk a little bit about one of my favorite things...EYELINER! 

One thing that is constantly staple in my makeup routine is a Cat Eye liner, and my face is not done unless it's there!  I am always on the constant search for the perfect liner to help me achieve my beloved cat eye...and there are two eyeliners that are stealing my heart right now...the first one being
Revlon Liquid Eye Pen

This thing is just awesome.  It is fool-proof, and definitely stays all day (on the top lid, anyway.)  Cat eye liner is super easy to achieve with this!  Costs about 10 bucks at the drugstoreIf you need to do a super thin line though, you can achieve it with this, but with a careful hand.  This is definitely better for a medium to thick, dramatic cat eye.  I do love this though :) store cap side down to ensure that the marker always has enough liner and is ready for you!

The other liner that i am in the superlove with is...
Essence Waterproof Gel Eyeliner!

OMG.  OMG.  o...m...G.  I LOVE THIS STUFF.  Yes, gel eyeliner is sort of a pain in the ass, you need a brush and a steady hand...but once you've got those two things and a little practice, the results are priceless.  This stuff is seriously sweet.  Waterproof, smudgeproof, stays all day, practically tattooed on your face until you take it off.  AND...it even can be applied to, and REMAIN on the waterline.  EYELINER.......SUPERLOVE.  It is only 4 bucks at Ulta...what's not to like?!  Go get it!!!  Any eyeliner brush will do, my favorite is the ELF angled liner brush - 3 dollars at Harmon :)

Oh wait a second, I'm getting a text message........
"Hey, Sher...just working on my latest superlove epic about you...reading Endlessly Foxy...  Superlove Forever, see you on Valentines Day!  ~Billy"

Oh..gotta run  :)

As always, thanks for reading, and stay Foxy!  If there's anything you ever want me to review, send me a message, I'll do what I can! :)

xoxo
Sher  


No comments:

Post a Comment