Sunday, February 3, 2013

Achieving Complexion Perfection, RIP Rapunzel Locks!

SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!!!  This is gonna be a hefty post, so I hope you're on board!

I've received several compliments lately telling me what flawless skin I have (thank you!) and I would like to share and review what I use on my face to give it that effect.

The first product...
Photocredit: www.sephora.com
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation!

This is available exclusively at Sephora and www.sephora.com and is $34.

This product is described on the Sephora website as:
"A high-pigment foundation for full coverage with a long-lasting, beautiful finish. Kat created this foundation to provide exceptional coverage, without compromising a smooth, striking finish. Formulated with 21 percent pigment, this powerful formula was developed to match a broad range of skintones with bold coverage—the proprietary pigments can even effectively cover tattoos. The combination of raw materials and the best siliconic elastomers and siliconic esters provide 24-hour wear with transfer resistance. Natural polymers absorb oil for a matte, soft finish and the added emollients provide a velvety texture for perfectly smooth, hydrated skin.   Formulated without Parabens or Synthetic Fragrance"
Initial Application: a dot of product next to a blended section  (there is a big reddish scar under the dot, probably should have done a before picture!)
Product semi-blended
Completely blended - dries to a Semi-Matte dewy finish
I am SO in love with this stuff.  Now, when I originally got it, I hated it.  My sister Kelsey showed me the light...it was all about the application.  I was applying this with my fingers - and with this stuff, that is a clear no-no.  It turns out a goopy mess if you do that and I find that it doesn't set correctly.  The key to perfect and flawless application with this foundation is a beauty-blender sponge.  Now, you don't need the $30 one from Sephora, they sell them everywhere for way cheaper.  You can find them for between 5 and 10 dollars, and once I applied my foundation with that, I've never used anything else.  Perfect, flawless, airbrushed coverage.  
This one is my favorite, and it's from CVS, costs about 7 bucks.  Photocredit www.cvs.com

The packaging for this product is also great, it dispenses the perfect amount of product with one pump, and since it's a pump formula, it's not exposed to air/contaminants, and won't dry up!  I've had this since August, and I'm not even halfway through the bottle yet.  Love it, can't live without it.  I always will TRY other foundations (no idea why, probably because I have a sickness!) but always come hopelessly running back to this one "Take me back, pleeeeeeeaaaaaseeeeeee they just don't have the same coverage as you do!"  Waterproof, sweatproof, transfer-resistance, full coverage perfectness.  I have pigmentation issues, acne scarring, dark spots, and this can handle ALL of that.  Easily!

If you're interested in purchasing this foundation, I'd suggest going to Sephora to try out which shade is right for you.  For reference, I am Light 46, but it took me 2 times to get the right shade for me.  If you want to test the product before you buy it, tell the customer service people at sephora and they will put a few pumps in a little plastic container for you so you can take it for a test drive before buying.

For my next staple-product...my new powder superlove...
Photocredit: www.sephora.com
Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder

This is the powder I've been barking about for about 2 weeks now.  I got this about a week ago and have been dazzled ever since.  It does everything it says it does.

NARS describes this powder as:

"A weightless, translucent powder for all skintones that creates a soft matte finish that looks luminous in any light. This setting powder enhances the look of foundation without a trace of color, extending makeup wear thanks to the NARS exclusive Light Reflecting Complex™, which optimizes light-reflection on the skin. Its silky powder is infused with Photochromic Technology, which diffuses light and adjusts to new sources of light throughout the day. Soft, silky and luxurious to the touch and undetectable on the skin, this weightless formula applies evenly and blends effortlessly. One of the best parts? Fine lines, wrinkles, and pores optically fade as skin is visibly smoothed. Additionally, revolutionary microfine mineral powders are loaded with glycerin and antioxidant vitamin E to help guard against dryness and keep skin comfortable all day. Ideal for touch-ups, it helps regulate shine throughout the day and seamlessly sets foundation. This product is paraben- and fragrance-free and non-comedogenic.  Formulated without Parabens.  NARS Light Reflecting Complex utilizes a blend of pure ingredients that work in synergy to transform light like a prism. Light-active micro-prisms are combined with algae extract and Polynesian seawater to optimize light reflection on the skin.

Research results:

In final clinical test results:
- 84% agree that the product was non-drying
- 72% agree that the product blurred enlarged pores
- 72% agree that the product blurred fine lines and wrinkles
- 94% agree the product smoothes out skin’s appearance
- 91% agree that the product absorbs excess oil
- 81% agree that the product sets the foundation
- 75% agree that the product helps the foundation and other makeup to stay put all day"

There's not one thing on there that I don't agree with.  Now, as with any foundation/powder, you need to have a good base!  Use a good cleanser, moisturizer, and exfoliate at least 2 times a week. (Stay tuned for my skincare regimen this week on Endlessly Foxy :)  By moisturizing and exfoliating, you're providing a clean, smooth base which is PERTINENT with any cosmetic application.  The flaky skin look is never a good look. Not only that, the powder was definitely blurring the fine lines around my eyes - and also the look of the pores on my face.  Sets my makeup perfectly - and definitely helps with the staying power and oil absorption.  I have the pressed powder version of this powder (pictured above) but it also comes in a loose powder version.  This stuff is $34 and available at www.nars.com and at Sephora.  Totally worth it, it's skin perfection.

P.S. This powder looks sparkly in the pan - does NOT transfer to your face.  Don't worry, this isn't one of those "illuminating" powders that make you look like a Cullen when you're done (although I can't figure out what's so bad about that... :P )

Sooo i cut a ton of my hair off yesterday....

About 5 inches off the bottom, and it's all layered and stuff...and now I have these longer side swept bangs, which are cool...still don't know how I feel about it.  I need some time to take it all in!  I almost crapped my pants when I saw all my hair hit the floor yesterday.  It had to be done though, I did love my loooooong hair, but it got to the point where it wasn't doing anything :( so sad.  RIP Rapunzel hair....you'll be back, I know it.
"Sher, eFF that Rapunzel hair, you're prettier than ever, you're my dream girl babe!  Come on, let's get out of here, on my private jet...even got you these flower thingies."  photocredit: www.last.fm
Oh...well it looks like I gotta run ;) 

Stay tuned this week for my pining of Anna Sui cosmetics, my skincare regimen and much more :)

Anna Sui Loose Face Powder Photocredit: www.atouchofblusher.com it will be mine...oh yes...it will be mine....

Thanks for reading, have a great SUPERBOWL SUNDAY and STAY FOXXXYY!!!

xoxo

Sher

No comments:

Post a Comment