Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Foxy Valentine: Illamasqua Box Lipstick and L'oreal Miracle Blur Review!

VALENTINES BLOG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today's Lipstick of the Day:

Illamasqua Lipstick in Box!

OMG.  Talk about vampy ant HOT!  I just love this Lipstick.  I coveted it for the longest time before biting the bullet and purchasing this lovely piece of beauty equipment...but once I did, I never looked back!  When I tested it out, I tried it on at Sephora and walked around a bit...ate a meal to see the staying power (amazing)...then walked into a MAC store with my sister.  The sales associate said "Oh my God...I LOVE THAT LIPSTICK YOU'RE WEARING!  Is it one of ours?" and when my response was "No..." the guy was stunned, embarrassed, and floored.  Meaning I HAD to get it!
photocredit: www.illamasqua.com
This lovely was designed by Illamasqua's Creative Director, Alex Box.  Illamasqua describes Box as a deep scarlet red, with a matte finish.  And they aren't kidding either...this lipstick will stop any  man, dead in his tracks!  This is one of those lipsticks you wear, and strut your shit down the street like OH YEAH OH YEAH check THIS out!!!  I love it...I have a lot of reds, but this is definitely  my "go-to."  Sexy sexy sexy.
Lip Swatch!
This really should be worn with a liner to ensure no bleeding...but alas, I can't stop myself from applying this straight from the tube...it's just too pretty!  The perfect Valentine's lippy :) just love it.  This lipstick (and other Illamasqua lippies) are available at www.sephora.com and they are $24 each.  I know the price is steep, but they are totally worth it.  EXTREMELY pigmented, a little goes a long way, and they last easily 4-5 hours before needing a touch up.  They also have a lovely vanilla scent :) not AS vanilla as MAC, but I think I like it better :)

NEXT UP...

I found the most AMAZING stuff at the drugstore (CVS) the other day...
photocredit: www.drugstore.com

L'oreal MIRACLE BLUR INSTANT SKIN SMOOTHER!!!

OMG.  I think this stuff was sent from the heavens above to fix my (and everyone elses) face!  I saw a commercial for this on the damn TV (that's how all this damn shit starts, ugh!) and knew I had to try this.  Listen...I am creeping up on the big 3-0, and there are wrinkles on my face that I've never noticed before and it's driving me crazy...I will try anything to hide them.  When I saw this, I had hope...but I was like "what the hell IS IT?!"  Let's let L'oreal tell us...

L'Oreal describes this product as:










The 30 Second Miracle
Instantly Erases the Look of Wrinkles, Lines & Pores
  • With Opti-Blur Technology
  • Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen
It's Not a Moisturizer.  It's Not a Foundation.  It's More Than a Primer:Introducing Miracle Blur, the first-of-its-kind instant skin smoothing finishing cream.  Miracle Blur was specially formulated with a distinctive cushiony texture that instantly blurs lines, wrinkles, pores and uneven texture.  This unique finishing cream blends seamlessly into skin so it instantly looks and feels smooth, leaving a velvet-soft matte finish.  A finishing cream in the truest sense, Revitalift Miracle Blur should be the final step in every woman's skincare routine, applied after moisturizer.  It can also be worn under foundation for smoother, more even application and wear.
Why is it Different?
Revitalift is the first finishing cream that delivers instant results.  Opti-Blur Technology diffuses light on skin for a soft-focus effect that instantly smoothes lines and wrinkles, hides pores and minimizes little flaws and imperfections.  In 4 weeks, wrinkles, lines and pores appear minimized.  Skin texture appears smoother.


Ugh...a primer?!  Actually, most women wear this as a FOUNDATION, with no other makeup!!!

I have 839475 primers already!  BUT, alas, I figured, what's one more.  Well thank GOD I took the plunge, because this stuff is straight up AMAZING.  I put this on after I washed my face, and after moisturizer, as they indicated...let it set for 5 minutes.  When I looked at myself in the mirror after, I took a double-take.  The fine lines around my eyes and the enlarged pores on my cheeks were barely visible!  I could hardly believe it.  And furthermore, when I put my foundation and powder over this, it was flawless.  I can't lie, I did some kind of a cheer right in front of the mirror...fantastic.  As far as texture, it has a thick, silicone texture, but it definitely blends down great, and is soaked up by the skin, no problem.  Non-greasy.  Also has a slight sunscreen scent, but that is to be expected, it is SPF 30.  You should be wearing sunscreen anyway, just saying...

Here are some swatches....
This swatch is a bit of blended product, so you can see the consistency of it
Fully blended...as you can see, it totally changes the tone and texture of the skin it touches.  Literally amazing!
Now then, let's get down to the nitty-gritty...this stuff is NOT cheap...it's $25 for a 1.1 ounce tube.  It should last awhile, as a little goes a long way.  I'm not sure if I would have purchased this stuff full price, I got mine for $15 at CVS by stacking coupons.  There should be samples of this available at Rite-Aid or Walgreens as well, so that is also a route to give this stuff a go if you don't want to spend the money at first.  I'm telling you...it's totally worth it.  A complete surprise, and I will never be without this stuff again!  At least I hope not! :)

"Sher, you look exceptionally perfect and beautiful today...you take my breath away...just saying...Happy Valentine's Day, babe!"
..........................OMG! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

:)

Til next time...thanks for reading, and stay foxxxy!

xoxo

Sher

No comments:

Post a Comment