Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Foxiest Matte Lipstick EVER....!!!!

Right now I am hailing the cosmetic deities, because this weekend, I have obtained a lipstick that I have been pining over for about 2 months now...
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss in Shade #107!
This lipstick has been on TV ads, in just about every beauty blog that I've been creeping on, and in my Facebook news feed for like 2 months now.  Every time I see these ads Kate Moss wearing this shade in the ad, I am spellbound...
Hayyy Kaaaate, lookin' good gurrrll, I see you rockin' that 107!!!!!
I was worried that this wasn't going to be all I dreamed...most matte lipsticks highlight every flaw on your lips and just end up caking and looking like total crap...how glamorous.  Not this one, though!  This lipstick applies like a dream - smoothly with no tugging or pulling.  I imagine a lip brush would make the application process easier, however I don't have the patience for that because this color is just too gorgeous and I must apply right away, as fast as possible...so I meticulously apply it from the tube, fixing my eff ups with a Q-tip along the way :)
Swatch!!  (Dont mind the swatches surrounding it heheheh...)
This is the most moisturizing matte formula I have ever tried.  It feels really creamy, and it does have a slight sheen upon initial application, however, it dries down to a lovely velvet matte finish within a minute or so, and it is literally just stunning.  While looking at this color in the tube at the store, I was certain it was going to be a disappointment, because it doesn't look as dark as it should be in the tube...I'm not sure why that is, but as soon as it's applied, it comes to life.  This lipstick makes me feel super old-hollywood vintagey glamorous!!
Store Display of Rimmel London Matte collection Lipsticks
No woman should be without a tube of this lipstick - and at $5.19 a tube, no woman will have to be without a tube of it :)  As far as WHERE to purchase this, it's tricky at the moment.  These are set to be a Spring 2013 launch for the US, and I've only started seeing them within the last few weeks at the main drugstores around here (CVS, Walgreens, Harmon) but of course, they are always out of shade 107, because every woman on the face of the planet is spellbound by Kate Moss's beautious ad, and must have it.  Also, (don't ask me why) but some of the displays actually don't include 107...but feature Kate Moss wearing 107...and that is just plain rude.

I hope you enjoyed this lipstick as much as I do, and are able to find it with no issues if you do decide to get it!

Hope you guys had a great weekend!  As always, thanks for reading and stay foxy! 

xoxo

Sher

No comments:

Post a Comment