Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Beauty Breakdown!!!!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!  WoOOooOOhoOoOOoo!!!!!!

Today's Lipstick of the Day is:
Maybelline Superstay 14 Hour Lipstick in Ultimate Blush

Maybelline's Superstay 14 hour Lipstick in Ultimate Blush!

I've had this lipstick in my arsenal for a few months now, it comes out every now and again to play, but I think today really made me realize how much I really like it!  It's a very flushy pink, and it's got lots and lots of metallic sparkle - think Maybelline "Forever Metallics" Pink Zinc, but warmer.  It's a very playful, but wearable color.

The one thing that kind of puts me off about this lipstick is the smell.  Upon initial application, it reeks of some kind of chemical and fruit, which is the weirdest combination.  Once applied, the smell goes away, thankfully!!  The formula of the lipstick allows for smooth application, and the color is light enough that you can apply right from the tube with no issues.
Ultimate Blush
Swatch: Maybelline Superstay 14 Hour Lipstick in Ultimate Blush

Now then...as far as the 14 hour claim?  I don't think so...I'd say you can get an easy 6-8 hours of wear from this, but around that time it starts to wear and require touching up, for me anyway.  Fortunately, this lippie is not very drying, so some people may be able to go longer - I've never found this to last 14 hours though. I will say that this color is definitely hard to wash off - it leaves a nice metallic awesome pink stain, which I actually like a lot!  It wears evenly too, so you don't get that weird "lipliner" look as it's wearing off, which is another plus.

This lipstick is available at any drugstore and retails for between 5-8 dollars, definitely worth a shot if you like longwear lipsticks!

Now then, on to my next review...

Hard Candy Glamoflage Heavy Duty Concealer!
Hard Candy: Glamoflage Heavy Duty Concealer
As a background on this brand, I'm not sure if most people know that this used to be a "prestige/high end" brand, and was only sold at places like Nordstrom/Sephora, etc.  A few years back, Hard Candy made a deal with Wal-Mart, and now their products are available there exclusively.  They seriously have some awesome things (I did a pretty good haul last night, so you'll be seeing more from me about this brand!) and are definitely affordable, their products are all under $10, with the exception of maybe a few eyeshadow palettes.  Plus side: No testing on animals.  What's not to love?!

This lovely product in particular was brought to my attention by my sister.  I don't go to Walmart very often, so I haven't had a lot of exposure to this brand.  She informed me that "this shit covers EVERYTHING" so needless to say, I had to check it out.

Hard Candy describes this product as:

This heavy-duty concealer blends well into your skin to provide that ultimate coverage. Perfect for any occasion, this Glamoflauge concealer can be used to cover anything right from dark circles to tattoos. The included pencil makes it easy and convenient to fade away those spots on your face. Get this heavy-duty concealer with pencil and enjoy blemish-free skin in no time.
  • A heavy-duty, multi-use concealer that provides ultimate coverage
  • Formula blends flawlessly into skin
  • Hide everything from dark circles and blemishes to tattoos
  • Concealer: 0.71 oz; pencil: 0.023 oz

  • I haven't tested this product on tattoos, but I can tell you that it schooled the hell out of the dark circles under my eyes, as well as my blemishes and acne scars.  My only advice, don't pack it on, because it does have a tendency to look cakey if you do.  I've been searching for a good under-eye concealer FOREVER, I've tried them all, (maybe not all, but LOTS) and finally, I have found it.  This concealer is down right amazing, and for only $6.00, how can you go wrong!?  I'll tell you how - by not going to Wal Mart and getting it!

    Thanks for reading, and most importantly, STAY FOXY!!

    xoxo

    Sher

    No comments:

    Post a Comment