Thursday, January 24, 2013

BB Cream and Powder Review, plus Lipstick of the Day!

Happy Thursday everyone...yes, we're ALMOST there! :)

Without further adieu, Today's Lipstick of the Day is:
Cover Girl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Embrace.

This color of this lipstick is seriously amazing.  I was out perusing for new finds last week, couldn't come up with anything...all the colors started looking the same...I was getting burnt out...and then...BAM!!!  EMBRACE'D IN THE FACE!!!
Cover Girl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Embrace
This lipstick is purple with tiny micro iridescent glitter in it.  I could not wait to try it on, and I wasn't disappointed when I did.  However, I did find out the hard way that this lipstick needs extra TLC with the application - any mistakes outside the lip line and you'll have a lovely pinkish purpley stain which is that lovely "i just drank a crapload of kool aid" look, and is not so flattering :)  The wear time of this lipstick is good, I have 6 hours without re-applying and the color is still in full effect, however, it does feel a bit drying.  This lippie will not break the bank either - you can find it in any drugstore for between 6-8 dollars.  

On to my next review...
Revlon Photoready BB Cream Skin Perfector!  (I am wearing this in today's Lipstick of the Day photo, for reference!)

Revlon describes this product as:

A lightweight, multi-benefit Beauty Balm that combines skincare, makeup, and sunscreen into one step."  The multi-benefits being:

- HYDRATES like moisturizer
- SMOOTHES like primer
- COVERS like foundation
- BLURS FLAWS like concealer
- PROTECTS with SPF 30 like sunscreen 

Swatch of Revlon Photoready BB Cream Skin Perfector

If any of you have tried the Asian BB Creams, (I'll do some reviews on these in the future, they are AWESOME) they are nothing like the ones that are released in the US - although, this is no reason to write these less expensive, more available alternatives off.  In my opinion, this BB cream definitely covers better than the other US ones that I have tried (maybelline, garnier, loreal), but if I'm having a serious "OMG THIS ISNT HAPPENING" skin day, this would not be the product to use because it doesn't cover those "break out" blemishes so well.  I have combination skin, and notice that I have to touch up more often during the day when I wear this.  I do however like the natural sheen that it gives my skin, and once this is set with a powder it looks even better.  I would say this is good for people with drier/normal skin with minimal acne scarring/issues.  The coverage is definitely better than average for a US BB cream, and it's not so expensive either at only around $10.  Make sure you swatch it in the store, I'm usually the lightest color but had to go "Light/Medium" on this one.

For my last product review of the day...


Milani: The Multi-Tasker Face Powder! (I am also wearing this in today's Lipstick of the Day photo, for reference.)

I loooooove me some powder!  I have tons of powders, and will try any powder once!  I overlooked this powder FOREVER, but one day while googling  powder reviews, I noticed this was getting rave reviews.  This was getting better reviews than MAC's Blot Powder (which is really popular) and plenty of other popular powders as well...so I was, needless to say, intrigued.

Milani describes this product as:

Setting / Finishing / Blotting
A multi-purpose face powder light to medium coverage.  Gives you a natural matte finish without caking.  Absorbs excess oil and reduces shine.

I can absolutely attest to the description that Milani provides for this product, my favorite part being NO CAKING.  There's nothing worse than applying your makeup perfectly that day, only to get all cakey and gross after the afternoon "touch up."  I like to use a brush to apply, however the little puff that comes with this isnt so bad for touch ups! This powder rocks my socks, and runs between 7-10 dollars, depending where you get it.  Milani is sold at CVS, Walgreens, Target, Kmart, Sears, and Drugstore.com.  

Hope you enjoyed the reviews, thanks for reading and stay foxy!!!  (and warm, it's freakin freezing outside!!)

xoxo

Sher

No comments:

Post a Comment