Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Amazing Drugstore Finds AND Lipstick of the Day - January 23, 2013

This will be my first multi-review post, and I'm pretty excited about it!

Let's start off with my favorite, Lipstick of the Day!  Today's Lipstick of the Day is...

Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Lovecraft
Kat Von D's Lipsticks never fail in the awesome department.  They are always super pigmented, and moisturizing with a semi-matte finish.  Lovecraft is a dusty rose, with a "MLBB" (My Lips But Better) effect.  I feel it pulls kind of lavenderish on me too sometimes.  The packaging on KVD's Painted Love line of lipsticks is bad ass!  It is a matte black tube with Kat's signature rose tattoo design on the lid, and a Lucite bottom so the color of the lipstick is viewable without removing the top.  I easily get 4 hours of wear with these lipsticks, but have no issue re-applying these - love the packaging!

On to the [arm and face] swatches!!!

Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Lovecraft (with flash...and goosebumps, it was freezing today!)

Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Lovecraft (No flash)
Kat Von D's lipsticks are available exclusively at Sephora and www.sephora.com and retail for $19.00

**************************************************************************
Now then, on to my next two reviews!  These are two totally awesome drugstore finds that I feel compelled to share.  These two items are together under $10.00 and both definitely aim to please.  Both items come from a nostalgic favorite brand of mine, Wet N' Wild!

The first is....

Wet N' Wild Fergie Shimmer Palette in Rose Champagne Glow
This palette ROCKS!  It is literally huge, bigger than the palm of my hand.  It is a baked palette - the base color being the champagne, and the rose swirled in.  This product can be used wet or dry, which is the awesome perk of all baked products.  When used dry it is a natural looking glitzy champagne.  It's hard to really see the color (on me, anyway) when used dry, as it's very sheer.  When this product is used wet, it is a sexy metallic rosey champagne (duhhh! :P) and the staying power is much better when used wet.  I'm not sure if this is a limited line, I've only seen this particular item at Walgreens so far.  If you're not into Rose Champagne Glow, there are 2 other blusher colors, and a sexy bronzer!  For $4.99, what have you got to lose?!  Go get a Fergie shimmer palette and get your sexy on!!!!

The last product is....
Wet N' Wild Coverall Cream  Foundation
This foundation rocks!  Never in my life would I think to find a foundation of such awesome quality in the drugstore...and for under 5 bucks no less!  Wet N' Wild describes this foundation as follows:

"Glides on weightlessly for sheer-to-medium coverage that’s never heavy, chalky, or dull. Evens out flaws with a silky, semi-matte finish that let’s your skin’s natural luminescence shine through. Contains SPF 15 for the ultimate in anti-aging treatment."

I agree with everything above except the coverage statement.  In my opinion, this is definitely medium to full coverage - it's totally build-able.  I apply this foundation with a beauty blender sponge, and in my opinion, that is the best way.  I have combination skin with mild/moderate acne scarring, and this foundation was able to cover these flaws, no problem.  This foundation is only $3.99 and can be found wherever Wet N' Wild is sold.  I got mine at Harmon.  This foundation definitely needs to be set with a powder to extend the staying power.  Wet N' Wild does market a "Coverall" powder with this line, however I didn't purchase it as I have a ton of powders in rotation...but maybe I will try it, because, hey, what's one more? :)

I am wearing both of these products in the lipstick swatch photo above.

Thanks for reading and stay foxy!!!

xoxo

Sher

2 comments:

  1. I like that you're testing cheaper products also. Not everyone can afford sephora stuff, you have to graduate to that shit. you should test out this concealer by hard candy called glamoflauge.(available at walmart. its no joke it'll cover anything from a black eye to the worst zit. seems to go on light though so avoid the palest shade. also can double as a foundation in a pinch if mixed with a moisturizer. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely do that!! I do review a lot of the higher end stuff, but I buy a ton of drugstore makeup also. Ill definitely mix it up :) thanks for the suggestion, ms. Carly who also reads is a big fan of hard candy also so that review will be good. Kels is going to do a guest review on a certain something when it comes to her in the mail, and if you ever wanna do a guest review youre more than welcome! :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete